Course DescriptionThis course is an introduction to R, analyzing and exploring data with R, and using R with a database. It focuses on statistics for model building and evaluation. Topics cover experimental research, correlation analysis, regression, confidence intervals, and group comparisons, and parametric and non-parametric models.
What Will You Learn?
This course provides data analytics technical skills for conducting quantitative analyses on data and big data.
Learn how to:
- Utilize real datasets with graphs and numerical measures.
- Conduct a uni-variate and bi-variate analyses on datasets in R.
- Flag potential outliers for further investigation.
- Illustrate graphically the probability distribution of variables.
- Differentiate between discrete and continuous probability distributions.
- Calculate binomial probabilities using normal approximations.
- Investigate whether a sample size is large enough to apply the central limit theorem.
- Apply testing and estimation techniques for simple linear regression analyses in R.
The deadline to enroll in CIND123 for Spring term (courses that begin the week of May 3,2021) is April 29, 2021.
The deadline to enroll in CIND123 for Summer term (courses that begin the week of June 21, 2021) is June 16, 2021.
Students will also not be allowed to swap between sections of the Data Analytics courses after April 29, 2021 for Spring term and June 16, 2021 for Summer term.
Course materials, video lectures and discussions are delivered and facilitated online within the D2L Learning Management System.
Throughout the semester, student questions related to course content may be answered either by the instructor on discussion board or by an online tutor via email.
- Applied Analytics and Statistics for 21st Century Decision-Making : Required Courses (Option 1), Required Courses (Option 2)
- Business Decision Analysis : Electives (select 4)
- Computer Programming Applications : Electives (select 2)
- Data Analytics, Big Data, and Predictive Analytics : Required Courses
- Financial Predictive Data Analytics : Electives (select 2)
- Health Informatics : Electives (select 3)
- Scientific Research Policy and Ethics : Required Courses (select 3)