Course DescriptionSuccessful completion of this course will enable the student to understand and critically analyze the current system and the impact of expected changes on the delivery of service in the long-term care sector. The course will deal with the policies, values, concepts, and complexities of the health care system in the municipal, provincial, national and international contexts. It will also provide an understanding of the political processes and legislation that have shaped and will continue to shape the delivery of long-term care. Discussion will include the administrative issues and trends in the provision of services to culturally diverse clients of all ages and conditions in both community and institutional environments.
Sample Course OutlineDistance Course Outline (subject to change)
- Advanced Nursing Leadership and Management : Electives – Group C: Management (select 1 or 2)
- Aging and Gerontology : Electives (select 2)
- Health Services Management : Electives (select 2)
- Nursing and Interprofessional Healthcare Leadership and Management : Electives (select 2)
- Project Management : Community and Health Services Management Stream (select 2)