Course DescriptionThis course consists of an introduction to business statistics including methods of describing, summarizing, graphically presenting, measuring and analyzing statistical data, probability distributions, covariance applications, sampling distributions and control charts. The course emphasizes how to apply various statistical techniques in the support of managerial decisions in the various functional areas of business. Students will be required to use appropriate computer software and/or calculator to present and analyse statistical data.
Sample Course Outline
Supplies to be purchased by the student: Software and calculator specifications will be announced at the first session. Students require access to a computer with Microsoft Windows. Calculators are not required for Internet classes.
RequisitesAntirequisites: QMS 204, QMS 210, QMS 230, and QMS 400
- Accounting – Finance : Electives (select 2)
- Applied Analytics and Statistics for 21st Century Decision-Making : Required Courses (Option 2)
- Business Decision Analysis : Required Courses (select 2)
- Business Management : Required Courses
- Economics and Finance : Electives (select 2)
- Foundations of International Management : Required Courses
- Retail Management : Electives (select 4 or 5)