Learn to analyze and assess government science policy, drug development regulation, clinical trials practice, scientific project oversight, intellectual property, and/or the scientific and medical ethics required in order to advance to a professional leadership position.
No previous background is required.
This is an Open Admission program to help you advance or change your career. Those who successfully complete this three-course program are eligible to earn a Professional Development Award from The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education.
This short course series is an excellent complement to the skills you may already possess as a professional.
What Will You Learn?
In this program you will learn to:
- Apply government policy to science research
- Comply with the use of scientific information in government decision-making.
- Adapt data analytics knowledge and expertise to complement your existing scientific training.
- Implement research and development processes in the industrial sector.
- Adhere to the rules, regulations, and ethical practices as applied to approvals for innovation-based products to be brought to market.
- Abide by the ethical practices designed to keep scientific research, its commercialization of products and its applications within appropriate ethical boundaries.
Who Should Enrol?
This program is designed for individuals who are aspiring to advance their careers and meet the needs of employers across the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
If you are a scientifically trained individual aspiring to work in government or in aspects of industry that interface with government this program may be a good fit for you. This could also include recent graduates of research-intensive undergraduate and/or graduate programs in areas like Molecular Science, Biomedical Physics or Environmental Applied Science and Management.
Who Teaches the Courses?
Our instructors are selected through a highly competitive process and are expert project management practitioners.
Industry and Careers
For those aspiring to be or already working as:
- Health Policy Managers/Researchers
- Health Science Policy Analysts
- Intellectual Property Managers
- Clinical Trials Project Managers
- Policy Analyst Advisors
- Public Policy Specialists
- Science Policy Advisors
- Scientific Program Analysts
- Lab Managers and Coordinators
- Principal Investigators
- Research and Development Directors
Recommended Course Sequence
You may take all courses in one term or take them in combination over the number of semesters you prefer. Here is one possible approach:
Select two of the following:
Select one of the following:
Course Series Requirements
- Successful completion of 3 required courses
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.