Learn the latest in Canadian best practices and standards for materials and methods, building codes, and sustainable buildings’ mechanical and electrical systems.
This program offers the solid foundational educational requirements and skill sets necessary to begin preparation toward accreditation as an architectural technologist. It is intended for those aspiring to be architectural technologist professionals who are currently in high demand with employers in architectural firms, governments, and construction companies.
No previous background is required.
This is an Open Admissions program to help you advance or change your career. Those who successfully complete this four-course program are eligible to earn a Professional Development Award from The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education.
What Will You Learn?
Learn how to:
- Execute the architectural design planning, preparation, implementation and execution of new buildings or the upgrading of existing buildings.
- Apply REVIT, AutoCAD, 3D Studio creating architectural designs, plans and documentation.
- Implement the latest Canadian Building Codes and Regulations
- Upskill for the application of Canadian best practices and standards for Building Materials
- Utilize applications and tools for upgrading Mechanical and Electrical Systems for Canada for sustainable building compliance.
This short course series is an excellent complement to the skills you may already possess as a professional.
Who Should Enrol?
This course series is for those already employed or who are aspiring to work in architecture, building science, construction or related fields and who are seeking to upskill and advance their credentials toward accreditation as an architectural technologist.
The program will also be of interest to those holding either Canadian and non-Canadian credentials who are seeking obtain the foundational academic components required for Canadian qualifications as architectural technologists by qualifying for membership as a Probationer Architectural Technician with the Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario (AATO).
Who Teaches the Courses?
Our instructors are selected through a highly competitive process and are expert industry practitioners.
Industry and Careers
Those who are aspiring to be architectural technologist professionals who are currently in high demand with employers in architectural firms, governments, and construction companies.
Course Series Requirements
- Successful completion of 4 required courses
We recommend you take courses in the following order:
Questions? Contact Yew-Thong Leong, Academic Coordinator.
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 6498