Will this certificate help you achieve your educational and career goals?
The Certificate in Business Management is comprised of eight required courses that introduce you to the foundational areas of study necessary for a career in business:
- Business Law
- Business Statistics
- Global Management
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
This certificate program offers:
- a simple admissions process
- online or in-class learning
- financial aid options, such as OSAP
- rigorous and reputable degree credit courses
- a possible pathway to a Bachelor of Commerce degree
- free access to an academic advisor and a career specialist
Pathway to a Bachelor of Commerce Degree
After successful completion of the Certificate, you will have the business degree-credit courses required for most of the first year of Ryerson University’s Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) degree at the Ted Rogers School of Management (TRSM).
Depending on your career goals, you could apply to one of TRSM’s specialized management programs in Information Technology, Retail, or Hospitality & Tourism; or, you could apply for admission into the general Business Management program and major in one of the exciting areas shown in our career wheel.
Many (if not all) of the courses in this certificate can also be applied as transfer credits to BComm programs at other universities. For detailed transfer options across Ontario, visit: ONTransfer.ca
- Start taking courses in September, January or May – courses are offered in all three terms (Fall, Winter or Spring/Summer)
- Take the courses in any order – courses have no prerequisites
- Complete the certificate at your own pace – take four courses per term and graduate in eight months or take one or two courses per term and complete the program over two or three years.*
- Accommodate your learning style and your busy schedule – courses are offered both in-class and online.
*Upon registering in the Certificate in Business Management, you have a maximum of five years to complete the program.
- 8 required courses
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status with relevant professional experience in business
Awards and Financial Aid
For general inquiries such as enrolment procedures, deadlines, OSAP, and course fees, please contact email@example.com.
For specific academic and curriculum inquiries related to the Certificate in Business Management, please contact Armand Gervais, Academic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.