“If you’re going to translate business requirements into technology specifications, then you need enterprise architects ... People who truly understand the industry, and can understand the breadth of technology that’s available, are like gold dust.” – Lisa Heneghan, Global Head of Technology, KPMG
Enterprise Architects are some of the most senior and well-paid Informational Technology professionals. The occupation requires high educational attainment and the ability to understand the interdependence of organizational processes.
This program will give you the advanced analytical skills to solve business problems by applying IT architecture and infrastructure, and the knowledge to enhance computer and network security in an operational environment.
This certificate program:
- offers both online and in-class learning
- is eligible for OSAP
- is comprised of university-level degree credit courses
- offers students the opportunity to apply all, or most, of the credit earned through the certificate as transfer credits to the BComm program at Ryerson’s Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management, subject to admission
What Will You Learn?
- Advise organizations on how to respond to emerging technologies and the growing complexity of information systems
- Develop and manage information technology architecture and infrastructure to meet the strategic needs of business and government
- Analyze and solve business problems by applying information technology architecture and infrastructure
- Understand the context of Enterprise Architecture frameworks, including:
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT)
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Graduates from the following programs who want to develop a specialty:
- Engineering degree
- IT-related degree or diploma
- Master of Business Administration
- The Chang School’s Certificate in Information Systems Management
- Professionals currently working in the following areas who seek a specialized role in Enterprise Architecture:
- database development
- software development
- security administrator
- business analytics
- network administration
Who Teaches the Courses?
Our instructors bring a combination of extensive technical skills and real-world business experience into the class.
Industry and Careers
Did You Know?
A recent global survey of CIOs and IT leaders revealed the following:
- Six in ten CIOs consistently report technology skills shortage
- 65% report a lack of talent holding their organization back
- Demand for enterprise architecture increased by 26% making it the fastest growing “skill in demand” by CIOs, globally, in 2017
- Top functions identified as suffering from a skill shortage in their organizations:
- Technical Architecture
- Security and Resilience
- Enterprise Architecture
Our career wheel gives you a sense of the breadth of exciting career areas that you may consider pursuing upon completion of the Certificate in Advanced Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure Management.
- 3 required courses
- 1 elective
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Farid Shirazi, Academic Coordinator.
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 7938