Diversity in Your Organization
- Diversity in Governance Toolkit (English) (French)
- Embedding Diversity and Inclusion into an Organization – Questions for the Board
- Diversity in Governance – Board Questionnaire on Diversity, from The Diversity Lens, Canadian Mental Health Association.
- Diversity and Inclusion – Board Self-Assessment Tool
- Building a House for Diversity – A Diversity Fable
- Recruiting for Diversity and Inclusion – Sample Board Composition Skills Matrix
- Guide to Conducting Accessible Meetings
- NFP Governance Leadership: Creating A Culture Of Accessibility Governance Leadership Assessment Tool
- NFP Governance Leadership: Creating A Culture Of Accessibility Governance Quick Check Tool
- NFP Governance Leadership: Creating A Culture Of Accessibility Taking Stock of Organizational Culture Tool
- Five Good Ideas about shifting the culture of accessibility in the non-profit sector
Diversity in Governance Awards
The Diversity in Governance Awards honour nonprofit organizations and public agencies, boards and commissions, which have made tangible steps to promote diversity at their highest levels. Successful strategies of past recipients have included the establishment and implementation of diversity policies; outreach to diverse communities; and measurement and reporting on diversity goals.
2013 Diversity in Governance Awards
The 2013 recipients are Blue Hills Child and Family Centre (nonprofit board category), City of Markham (local government category), and William Osler Health System (public board category). In the corporate board category, the Canadian Board Diversity Council recognizes BMO Financial Group.
2010 Diversity in Governance Awards
The 2010 recipients were The Peel Children’s Aid Society (nonprofit board category),The Town of Richmond Hill (public board category), and The Redwood (small nonprofit board category). A new corporate award, presented by the Canadian Board Diversity Council, recognized TD Bank Group.
2009 Diversity in Governance Awards
The 2009 recipients were United Way Toronto and Women’s College Hospital.
2008 Diversity in Governance Awards
The 2008 recipients were The Health Professions Appeal and Review Board,Harbourfront Centre and The YMCA of Greater Toronto.
2007 Diversity in Governance Awards
The 2007 recipients were The Ontario Trillium Foundation, The City of Toronto,Seneca College, Dixon Halland an honourable mention to The York Region Police Services Board.