Sidebar Menu

Letters of Permission

If you are registered in a certificate program and wish to take courses at another accredited post-secondary institution for credit towards your Ryerson certificate, you must apply for a Letter of Permission. You must meet eligibility and satisfy all other requirements. As well, you are responsible for obtaining a detailed course outline from the institution where you intend to study and for submitting an application for admission to that host institution.

A credit obtained on a Letter of Permission is recorded on your Ryerson academic record as CRT and is not included in the calculation of your grade point average.

Note: No more than a total of 50 percent of a program’s requirements may consist of credits granted on a Letter of Permission, Challenge Credits, and/or Transfer Credits.

For further information about Letters of Permission and how to apply, visit the Curriculum Advising website.