The Digital Art Production Intensive offers the unique opportunity to earn a Certificate in Digital Art Production through an intensive 14-week program. The intensive provides six degree-credit courses needed for the Certificate in Digital Art Production, which is offered in cooperation with Ryerson University’s School of Image Arts.
Balance your creative skills with digital skills in an experiential learning environment. Learn to build apps and explore graphic design, design for interaction, and Maya software. Hone your design, visual communication, and storytelling skills, create original content, and integrate this content into the digital world.
The evolution of media requires competency in creating, designing, and managing digital content. This intensive will help prepare you for careers in fields such as interaction and user interface design, graphic design, mobile application development, animation, artistic production, and social media. You will also gain theoretical, historical, and contemporary knowledge of art and design.
Who Should Enrol?
This Digital Art Production Intensive is intended for individuals interested in the fundamentals of digital art, including:
- those who are considering web design, interaction design, digital animation, or game design as a possible career and are prepared to enter a full-time program upon completion of the certificate;
- those who have a general interest in digital art; and
- those who would like to complete the Certificate in Digital Art Production within one intensive 14-week time period.
Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and possess a variety of knowledge and skill levels. You need not have prior experience in digital arts. Many of our students come from other post-secondary-level programs that do not offer hands-on experience. Others have complementary skills that they bring to the digital art process.
This program is designed to appeal to anyone who wants to:
- upgrade his or her present level of expertise
- retrain or make a career change
- establish his or her own business
- improve opportunities for advancement or job placement in digital fields
- prepare for entrance into a degree program
The Digital Art Production Intensive program includes the following courses (two required and four pre-selected electives) necessary to complete the Certificate in Digital Art Production:
- CFPN 534 Media Studies: Graphic Design
- CFPN 535 Media Studies: Interaction Design
- CFPN 541 Film Studies: Digital Animation Concepts
- CFPN 542 Media Studies: Design for Mobile Devices
- CMPC 101 Combined Media: Visual Studies I
- CMPC 103 Combined Media: Art and the Classical Tradition
Note: If you want to take additional related courses, you may do so in other terms. Visit the Certificate in Digital Art Production to see which electives and workshops are currently offered.
Lectures and coursework are scheduled over 14 weeks in the Spring/Summer term.
Our Program Advisor is here to help! Brigid Elmy can assist both Canadian and international students with information, advice, and next steps, and can connect you with other on-campus services and supports. Let us help you plan your Digital Art Production Intensive learning experience.
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 6674 (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST)
Online chats are also available during these times. Contact Brigid to request an appointment time.
The Digital Art Production Intensive welcomes international learners. You do not need a study permit to enrol in this program. Contact Brigid Elmy for more information about the enrolment process.
If you intend to continue your education beyond this program and study in Canada for more than six months, you must apply for a study permit from outside of Canada. Need information about permits and visa requirements? Contact International Student Support at email@example.com.
Note: All Chang School programs are considered to be part-time. International students enrolled in Chang School programs are not eligible to work during their studies and cannot apply for a postgraduate work permit when their program is complete.
For further program details, contact Rhonda Abrams, Academic Coordinator.