This intensive program develops key skills, strategies, and theories to support operational functioning and career advancement in professional environments. Courses focus on traditional and emerging media to build and integrate writing, analytical and research skills; organize and plan to produce correspondence and reports that make your point and achieve your purpose; interact effectively within small groups, becoming sensitive to diversity, culture and international issues; and plan oral presentations to be delivered with confidence.
Who Should Enrol?
- college graduates with a diploma seeking to enhance their professional skills with degree-level courses
- certified professionals who find themselves playing an enlarged role in their organization’s communication
- technical writers needing a business perspective to communicate with non-technical audiences
- career-changers looking to acquire a set of hands-on, practical skills
- six required and two elective degree-level Business Communication certificate courses
- lab and classroom access, as well as access to other services
- ongoing instructor and academic coordinator support and counselling
- access to job opportunities and program awards
Lectures and coursework are scheduled for five days a week over three months (12 weeks). Classes are all hybrid, with at least two-thirds of class time face-to-face on campus, and maximum one-third of classes online using D2L Brightspace. You will have access to computer labs and use dedicated software in recording oral communication. You will be taught by our experienced educators, including lecturers in Ryerson’s School of Professional Communication, and Chang School professionals with experience in the communication field.
Our Program Advisor is here to help! Brigid Elmy can assist both Canadian and international students with information, advice, and next steps, and can connect you with other on-campus services and supports. Let us help you plan your Business Communication Intensive learning experience.
Phone: 416.979.5000, ext. 6674 (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST)
Online chats are also available during these times. Contact Brigid to request an appointment time.
The Business Communication Intensive welcomes international learners. You do not need a study permit to enrol in this program. Contact Brigid Elmy for more information about the enrolment process.
If you intend to continue your education beyond this program and study in Canada for more than six months, you must apply for a study permit from outside of Canada. Need information about permits and visa requirements? Contact International Student Support at email@example.com.
Note: All Chang School programs are considered to be part-time. International students enrolled in Chang School programs are not eligible to work during their studies and cannot apply for a postgraduate work permit when their program is complete.
For more information on The Chang School’s Business Communication program, contact Sandra Rosenberg, Academic Coordinator, Professional Communication.