The Interior Design Intensive offers you the unique opportunity to gain a solid foundation in interior design and earn a Certificate in Fundamentals of Interior Design in an intensive 14-week program in the Spring/Summer term. This unique fast-track program covers all required theory, drafting, space planning, and communications courses, as well as pre-selected electives.
This program’s combination of theory-based learning and building of hands-on skills will prepare you for your next step in your design career, including opportunities for portfolio building. It includes studio and classroom access, as well as access to other services. Ongoing instructor and academic coordinator counselling will support your path to success.
Who Should Enrol?
Interior designers work in a dynamic, imaginative, and complex industry combining technological knowledge with artistic vision. This intensive program is intended for individuals interested in the fundamentals of interior design:
- those who are considering interior design as a possible career and are prepared to enter a full-time interior design program upon completion of the certificate
- those who have a general interest in interior design
- those who would like to complete the certificate within one intensive 14-week time period
The courses in the Interior Design Intensive program include the following courses (four required and three pre-selected electives) necessary to complete the Certificate in Fundamentals of Interior Design:
- CDID 150 Interior Design: Design Theory
- CDID 151 Interior Design: Interior Design I: Drafting
- CDID 152 Interior Design: Interior Design I: Space Planning
- CDID 157 Interior Design: Kitchen and Bathroom Design
- CIRC 112 Interior Design: Introduction to Digital Communication
- CIRC 113 Interior Design: Introduction to Visual Communication
- CIRH 101 Interior Design: History of Interior Design 1850 - Present
Lecture and coursework are scheduled for four days a week over three months (14 weeks). The fifth day is a self-study/group work day. All classes will be held on campus, but field trips may also be included.
Our Program Advisor is here to help! Brigid Elmy can assist both Canadian and international students with information, advice, and next steps, and can connect you with other on-campus services and supports. Let us help you plan your Interior Design Intensive learning experience.
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 6674 (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST)
Online chats are also available during these times. Contact Brigid to request an appointment time.
The Interior Design Intensive welcomes international learners. You do not need a study permit to enrol in this program. Contact Brigid Elmy for more information about the enrolment process.
If you intend to continue your education beyond this program and study in Canada for more than six months, you must apply for a study permit from outside of Canada. Need information about permits and visa requirements? Contact International Student Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All Chang School programs are considered to be part-time. International students enrolled in Chang School programs are not eligible to work during their studies and cannot apply for a postgraduate work permit when their program is complete.
For more information on The Chang School’s Fundamentals in Interior Design certificate, contact Andrew Furman, Academic Coordinator.