Course Description

Want to find out more about the Public Relations Intensive? Express interest to connect with this program and receive updates.

Express interest

The Public Relations Intensive offers you the unique opportunity to earn a Certificate in Public Relations in an intensive, 12-week, fast-track program in the Spring/Summer term.

To enrol in individual courses that are part of the Public Relations Intensive (as opposed to the entire certificate program), consult the individual course links listed below in ‘Certificate and Course Information’ for scheduling options.

Who Should Enrol?

Our learners are from a variety of backgrounds and possess a variety of knowledge and skill levels. You do not need to have any prior experience in public relations (PR). This program is designed to appeal to university and college graduates who have an interest in public relations and corporate communications, and junior and mid-career PR professionals who would like to advance their careers.

What's Included?

The courses in the Public Relations Intensive program include the following five required courses (covering the fundamental principles and skills of PR practice) and three pre-selected elective courses (covering the application of these principles and skills in key practice areas) necessary to complete the Certificate in Public Relations:

Program Advisor

Our Program Advisor is here to help! Brigid Elmy can assist both Canadian and international students with information, advice, and next steps, and can connect you with other on-campus services and supports. Let us help you plan your Public Relations Intensive learning experience.

Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 6674 (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST)

Online chats are also available during these times. Contact Brigid to request an appointment time.

Email: belmy@ryerson.ca

International Students

The Public Relations Intensive welcomes international learners. You do not need a study permit to enrol in this program. Contact Brigid Elmy at belmy@ryerson.ca for more information about the enrolment process.

If you intend to continue your education beyond this program and study in Canada for more than six months, you must apply for a study permit from outside of Canada. Need information about permits and visa requirements? Contact International Student Support at issask@ryerson.ca.

Note: All Chang School programs are considered to be part-time. International students enrolled in Chang School programs are not eligible to work during their studies and cannot apply for a postgraduate work permit when their program is complete.

Contact Us

For further program details, contact Nick Douloff, Academic Coordinator, Public Relations.

Email: ndouloff@ryerson.ca


Thank you for your interest in this course. Unfortunately, this course currently isn't available.

Please browse our courses for more options or check back later for updated scheduling.