Not ready to enrol but want to learn more?
Fill out this form and a representative from The Chang School will contact you.Express interest
This certificate is intended to provide professionals with the technical skills to perform predictive analytics. You will learn how to determine the value of financial derivatives and complex investments, and how to assess and analyze, through modeling frameworks, the associated benefits and risks of these instruments. You will attain a mastery of data analytics applied competencies and of financial mathematics, especially in the areas of stochastic processes and probability, in statistics, and in computation, together with an understanding of the highly complex operations of financial markets.
Learn how to determine the value of financial derivatives and complex investments. Gain skills in assessing and analyzing the associated benefits and risks of these instruments through modeling frameworks and predictive analytics.
Attain financial mathematics proficiency in the areas of stochastic processes and probability, statistics, and computation. Gain an understanding of the highly complex operations of financial markets.
If you have a background in economics, mathematics, science, engineering, or finance, this program can help you advance or change your career.
What Will You Learn?
Financial mathematics and predictive analytics provide a set of tools used in the valuation of contracts and the determination of yields on investments and risks associated to financial arrangements.
Learn how to:
- model market phenomena
- determine the value of financial derivatives and complex investments
- assess and analyze the associated benefits and risks of these instruments through modeling frameworks
- apply advanced mathematical techniques to analyze and model solutions to real-life financial and economic problems in professional industries such as the financial markets and the energy sector
- stochastic process and probability
- computation, simulation, and implementation of models
The Certificate in Financial Mathematics Modeling and Predictive Analytics is an excellent complement to the skills you may already possess as a technical professional.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
The certificate is for technically trained professionals who have a background in economics, mathematics, science, engineering, or finance, and for those who are seeking career advancement, portability, and longevity.
You may be interested if you are a:
- financial employee
- risk management professional
- fund manager
- financial data analyst
- financial controller
- professional in accounting and actuarial sciences
Note: an interview/placement assessment with the academic coordinator is required for entry into this program.
Who Teaches the Courses?
Our instructors are selected through a highly competitive process. Most of them either work in industry or have had exposure to hands-on financial mathematics modeling and predictive analytics.
Industry and Careers
Analysts with highly developed skills in financial mathematics and predictive analytics are required by:
- financial institutions
- insurance companies
- corporate treasuries
- major corporations
- hedge fund companies
These analysts bring efficiency and rigour to financial markets and the investment process. The area is quickly becoming a critical component of regulation for the financial markets.
Recommended Course Sequence
Courses are offered year-round in the Fall, Winter, and Spring/Summer terms. The certificate has four required courses.
Here is one suggested course sequence that will allow you to complete the certificate in three terms.
- 4 required courses
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Mature student status and evidence of university-level coursework in mathematics, economics, and/or finance, or equivalent (to be determined by the academic coordinator)
- Mature student status and other relevant qualifications or relevant industry experience (to be determined by the academic coordinator)
Admission Interview/Placement Assessment
An interview/placement assessment is required for this program. Please contact the Academic Coordinator, Sebastian Ferrando, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Anne-Marie Brinsmead, Program Director, Engineering, Architecture, and Science, at email@example.com.
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Sebastian Ferrando, Academic Coordinator.