Attend an Information Session
Monday, January 6, 2020 or Thursday, April 16, 2020
4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. EST
Friday, February 28, 2020
12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. EST
Develop Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) apps and experiences for Android and iPhone, the two most popular and prominent mobile development platforms. You will have the opportunity to acquire the hands-on technical skills necessary to work in the VR and AR wearables industry – currently dominated by juggernauts like Google, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Facebook, HTC, and Disney. You will also have the opportunity to master 3D Unity and learn (or upskill in) C# programming for Android and iPhone AR and VR app development.
No previous background is required.
This program takes place in a computer lab and all AR and VR equipment is provided except for smartphones (bring your own).
This is an Open Admissions program to help you advance or change your career. Those who successfully complete this two-course program are eligible to earn a Professional Development Award from The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education.
What Will You Learn?
Learn how to implement the following in the context of Augmented and Virtual Reality:
- Android Studio and 3D Unity
- Android Marshmallow
- APIs, calculations, data reading, list creatiopm, mapping, location-based services, multimedia, telephony, and social media
- iOS and iOS 9 SDK platforms
- Objective-C language
- Xcode development tools
- User interface development
- App development and deployment.
- Development of storyboards, localization, core data, navigation controllers, blocs, code optimization, data persistence, and view controllers
- Interface design
- Building controls
- Network connections and services
This short course series is an excellent complement to the skills you may already possess as a professional.
Who Teaches the Courses?
Our instructors are selected through a highly competitive process and are expert AV and VR developers or practitioners.
Industry and Careers
For those aspiring to be or are already working as:
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Experience Developers
- Innovation & Technology Managers
- Designers looking to create in a new medium
- User Experience (UX) Designers
- Computer Programmers and Coders
- 3D Graphics Programmers, Animators, and Artists
- Game Developers
- Media and Advertising Content Creators
- Filmmakers and Videographers
- Creative Directors
- VR and AR enthusiasts and hobbyists
This program has applications in all industries including game development, medicine, business, manufacturing, law, entertainment, education, real estate, tourism, and marketing.
You may take both courses in one term or over a number of semesters as you prefer.
Course Series Requirements
- Successful completion of 2 required courses
Questions? Contact Anne-Marie Brinsmead, Program Director.