These courses will build on nurses’ existing health assessment expertise by providing advanced knowledge and specific skills for the assessment of infants, children, and adolescents. Nurses will have the opportunity to broaden their expertise with system-specific assessment approaches across all paediatric developmental stages and diverse healthcare needs. This course series includes a course held at the state-of-the-art SickKids Simulation Lab.
Who Should Enrol
This course series will be of interest to:
- registered nurses who are currently working in the field of paediatrics, or work with children as part of their practice
- registered nurses who have completed a university-equivalent health assessment course
- demonstrate an expanded knowledge of paediatric health assessment, including key points to address in the health history and review of systems across developmental stages
- differentiate between normal and abnormal assessment findings
- recognize the implications of diversity for paediatric health assessment
- participate in e-learning activities such as online discussions, reflective questions, and case studies
Students will be required to take CVNU 113 - Paediatric Health Assessment in order to be eligible to take the one-day Paediatric Health Assessment Workshop (CVNU 114), held at the state-of-the-art SickKids Simulation Lab. Visit course description pages for scheduling details and to enrol.
About Our Course Development Team
Contributions during course development were made by nurse practitioners and advanced nursing educators working at SickKids and faculty expertise was provided by the Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing at Ryerson University. The coordination and distance development was provided by The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education.
Course Series Requirements
- Successful completion of 2 required courses
Questions? Contact Jouanna Labib, Student Affairs Coordinator.