Attend Our Online Information Session
Friday, November 29, 2019
Friday, February 28, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. EST
No previous background is required and this course series is applicable to all industries.
This is an Open Admission program to help you advance or change your career. Those who successfully complete this two-course program are eligible to earn a Professional Development Award from The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education.
What Will You Learn?
- Android Studio, to program apps for android mobile devices with software stack SDK Android 6.0 “Marshmallow”.
- Android application development by using APIs, calculating, reading data, creating lists, mapping, location-based services, multimedia, telephony, and social media such as Twitter.
- iOS platform, to build apps for the iPhone, applying the features of iOS and iOS 9 SDK, as well as programming in the Objective-C language and utilizing Xcode development tools
- User interface development, app development, and deployment.
- Development of storyboards, localization, Core Data, navigation controllers, blocs, code optimization, data persistence, Twitter integration, and view controllers.
- Python and C# (optional).
- Interface design, building controls, connecting to networks and services from apps to devices, testers, and the creation of an App.
This short course series is an excellent complement to the skills you may already possess as a professional.
Who Teaches the Courses?
Our instructors are selected through a highly competitive process and are expert industry practitioners.
Who Should Enrol?
For those aspiring to be or are already working as iPhone and Android App developers.
You may take both courses in one term or over a number of terms as you prefer.
Course Series Requirements
- Successful completion of 2 required courses
Questions? Contact Anne-Marie Brinsmead, Program Director.