Attend Our Online Information Session
Friday, February 28, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. EST
Acquire hands-on technical programming skills for Hadoop, Python, and Tableau Big Data Tools Administration.
Learn how to perform big data analytics queries on unstructured data, visual data, and social media data using Hortonworks, SQL, Hadoop, R, Python, Excel and Tableau.
You will learn up-to-date techniques in prediction and analyses of large and complex data, These technical skill sets are sought after in most fields across private, public, and non-profit sectors.
This is an Open Admissions program to help you advance or change your career. Classes take place in a computer lab on-campus at Ryerson University. You are not required to bring your own laptop to class.
No previous background is required.
What Will You Learn?
Learn how to:
- use Python, R, SQL, Hadoop, Hive and Pig Big Data tools.
- perform Big Data Analytics through Excel.
- utilize technical knowledge of Hortonworks Hadoop, Hadoop environments, Hadoop administration and platform technologies, and Tableau application mastery.
- query big data datasets and perform data analysis.
- provide administration and support for Hortonworks Hadoop and Tableau platform technologies, including deployment and usage standards,
- advise the technical design of applications to ensure that they produce defined outputs while re-using existing structures minimizing operational costs.
- create and maintain Hortonworks Hadoop, Python-coded, and/or Tableau environments for application testing, preproduction verification, and production operation.
This short course series is an excellent complement to the skills you may already possess as a professional.
Who Should Enrol?
This course series is intended for current or aspiring adult professionals who have an interest in the subject for career advancement or wish to change careers. This could include aspiring data analysts or data scientists or Hadoop environment administration directors seeking the knowledge and skills relevant to work, and advance their careers in the field.
Industry and Careers
For those aspiring to be or already working in the industries of:
- Financial Analysts
- Data Analysts
- Big Data Scientists
- Big Data Financial Analysts
- Data Scientists
This course series has applications across many industries
Fast Track Option
In the Spring/Summer term, participants in the Big Data Tools Fast Track (CKCS 996) can complete three of the courses in the program and access specialized material and individualized instructor support.
You are not required to bring a laptop to class. Classes take place in a Ryerson computer lab. Should you wish to check if your laptop or computer would be able to be used for this course series, the recommended technical specifications are as follows:
PC laptop or PC computer (no MAC or Apple products) with the following specifications.
Operating system: Windows 10; 32-bit or 64-bit
Processor: Intel®Core™i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.9 usable) (NOTE: You need 16.0GB to run Hadoop.)
Course Series Requirements
- Successful completion of 3 required courses
Questions? Contact Anne-Marie Brinsmead, Program Director.