Want to find out more or ask a question about the Course Series in Film Production Techniques Using Mobile Devices? Express interest to connect with this program and receive updates.
The current trends in mobile devices have provided consumers and media professionals alike with the tools to capture imagery and audio in ways that have never existed before with such immediacy. Instruction will include topics such as visual story telling, techniques for fiction and documentary filmmaking, video production techniques for social and informal media, editing and advanced postproduction techniques, and video publishing techniques for distribution to various media.
This course series offers the following benefits:
- Enrol right away – open admissions with no application required
- Take courses in any order – no prerequisites needed
- Earn a Professional Development Award on successful completion of all courses
- Exhibit your creative work through special events
- Apply for merit-based awards
Course Series Requirements
- Successful completion of 4 required courses
Peter Gerretsen Film Awards
The Peter Gerretsen Film Awards is Going Virtual!
The Peter Gerretsen Film Awards have been honouring excellence in student filmmaking since 1999. Created by the late Peter Gerretsen – a passionate filmmaker and dedicated instructor, and a former coordinator of The Chang School’s Film Studies program – these awards showcase the talents and skills of our continuing education Film students.
Winning films in the categories of Production, Screenwriting, and Film Editing will be screened during the event, highlighting works produced by our Certificate in Film Studies students – future filmmakers who will one day lead the Canadian film industry.
This year, join us for an online celebration of our students’ achievements. Make your voice heard and vote for your favourite "Team Production" film through our new Audience Choice Award.
Celebrate the 21st Annual Peter Gerretsen Film Awards Online
Join us and celebrate the achievements of students in The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education’s Certificate in Film Studies.
DATE: Tuesday, July 28, 2020
TIME: 7:00 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Online (link will be provided with your RSVP confirmation)
This event is free.
How Does This Online Event Work?
- Click the RSVP link to reserve your spot. The RSVP closes on Monday, July 13.
- After the RSVP closes, you will receive an email confirmation that contains a link to the nominated Audience Choice Award films and a link to a voting form. View the selections and choose your favourite film. Voting closes on Friday, July 24.
- Your RSVP confirmation will also contain a link to the event. Log in to the event on Tuesday, July 28 to attend the celebration and view all of this year’s winning films.
Visit ryerson.ca/ce/filmawards for more information, including a list of this year’s nominees and award categories.
Questions? Contact James Warrack, Academic Coordinator.
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 2237