This certificate program will prepare professionals with technical backgrounds to become employed in middle-level management (MLM) positions in the field of project management.
It is aimed at engineers, information technology professionals, scientists, environmentalists, and other technical professionals.
The program focuses on the skills, knowledge, and tools you’ll require to be a successful project manager.
What Will You Learn?
Gain knowledge and skills in
- risk analysis
- quality assurance
- Canadian workplace culture and communication
Who Should Take This Certificate?
This program is for professionals with technical backgrounds such as engineers, IT professionals, scientists, environmentalists, and other technical professionals.
Internationally educated professionals with an undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience in one of these fields can also benefit from this certificate program.
This program will help those professionals who are looking for an entry into the project management profession, those who are switching careers, or those who want to enhance their project management skills or simply formalize their knowledge to prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination.
Industry and Careers
By taking this certificate program, you will increase opportunities for career advancement or employability by acquiring a level of knowledge and expertise that will permit you to move into project management roles.
This certificate will help prepare you to write the Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- 1 required course
- 5 electives*
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
*Select 3 courses from Electives – Group A and 2 courses from Electives – Group B
Internationally Educated Professionals
- An undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience in a related field
- Be an accepted and registered participant in the Gateway for International Professionals’ Middle-level Managers (MLM) with Technical Background Bridging Program
- Be a legal resident of Ontario at the time of application, and be eligible to work in Canada
- Have resided in Canada for no more than 10 years
- Be an internationally educated professional in a suitable technical discipline
- Demonstrate English language proficiency through any of Ryerson University’s approved English language proficiency test scores
All Other Applicants*
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
*If you do not have these requirements, you will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account your work-related experience and maturity.
An admission application is required for this program. A pre-approval process will be conducted by the program manager, including an orientation/information session, a one-on-one interview, and a language assessment.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-979-5000, ext. 2713.
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Jose Garcia, Program Manager.
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 2599