Are you interested in completing the full Certificate in Fashion Coordination and Styling through our summer intensive 13-week program?
Fill out this form and a representative from The Chang School will contact you.
Prepare to enter the exciting world of fashion communication, coordination, and styling. Build a solid knowledge foundation and creative expertise in the fashion world.
Fashion coordination and styling consultants have the ability to make clothing speak successfully.
This popular and highly competitive area of fashion communication requires:
- a solid knowledge of design
- a strong ability to communicate
This certificate program offers a stimulating study of the visual language of clothing, which will prepare you to become a specialist in the exciting world of fashion.
This program offers the following benefits:
- Enrol right away – open admissions with no application required
- Take a mix of online and in-class courses
- Take Ryerson degree-credit courses
- Finish your certificate faster through our intensive schedule option
- Apply for merit-based awards
What Will You Learn?
Develop the skills you need to successfully move toward your professional goals with:
- Four core courses that give you a solid foundation in fashion styling, coordination, design, and creating a “look”
- Four electives of your choosing that will help you gain expertise in your specific area of interest
These courses will provide you with theoretical and hands-on training to develop:
- analytical skills
- methodology skills
- critical and creative thinking abilities
- creative and commercial understanding
Once you have these skills, you will be able to successfully manipulate existing clothing and accessories to:
- conceive and tell a story
- work with online and social media platforms
- create a mood, feeling, or look
- speak to fashion industry insiders and fashion consumers
Who Should Take This Certificate?
If you have a passion for fashion and want to learn more about coordination and styling, you may be interested in this certificate.
Our students are typically:
- recent high school graduates deciding on what to do next
- university or college graduates wishing to add expertise to a general area of study
- working professionals thinking of making a career change
- fashion industry professionals aiming to build their knowledge in fashion coordination and styling
Who Teaches the Courses?
Our instructors are fashion professionals who currently work in the industry.
Industry and Careers
The fashion industry has far-reaching influence and generates billions of dollars in many sectors of the Canadian economy.
Graduates of this certificate may find professional opportunities in areas such as video and movie production, special events, trade shows and promotional exhibits, retail, television, magazines, corporate and individual consultation, and entrepreneurship.
This certificate can help you build the skills needed to become a coordinator/stylist for:
- store displays
- special events
- personal shopping
- 4 required courses
- 4 electives
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status with relevant professional experience
Why Register for the Certificate?
Completing the Certificate in Fashion Coordination and Styling adds value to you!
Here are some great reasons to pursue your certificate.
- Build a comprehensive base of practical, real-world knowledge and skills.
- Gain the confidence to move forward with your career.
- Develop professional connections through your fellow students, expert instructors, and other industry specialists.
- Make your education a priority. Complete the full program of study and enjoy the reward of achieving a milestone goal.
Awards and Financial Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to sign up for the whole program in order to take courses?
No. You can begin by enrolling in whichever courses interest you (but make sure you check prerequisites before enrolling). You are welcome to try courses before committing to the full certificate.
Please note that if you plan to pursue the full certificate, you must register before completing 50 percent of course requirements.
Do I have to already be working in fashion to take this certificate?
No. The only requirement for this certificate is that you have a high school diploma, or equivalent, or have mature student status.
Fast-track your certificate through our Summer Fashion Intensive, which offers you the unique opportunity to earn the full Certificate in Fashion Coordination and Styling through an intensive 13-week program. Classes are held on campus at Ryerson University’s School of Fashion, in the heart of our dynamic downtown campus.
Our facilities have the latest equipment and provide opportunities to learn proven professional skills with up-to-date classroom technology and techniques.
Questions? Contact James Fowler, Academic Coordinator.