Not ready to enrol but want to learn more?
Fill out this form and a representative from The Chang School will contact you.Express Interest
If you have completed your Certificate in Architecture or are actively engaged in an architectural field, this advanced certificate can help take your career to the next level.
Develop skills in communication, computer-aided architectural drawing using AutoCAD, sustainable building practices, and architectural preservation and conservation. Explore related topics through electives in entrepreneurship and strategy, specifications, modeling and rendering, project management, and more.
What Will You Learn?
The required courses explore advanced architectural knowledge and skills, including:
- communication challenges in the engineering professions
- architectural drafting and technical drawing using AutoCAD
- sustainable development of buildings
- building processes, materials, methods, components, and systems
- building science
- biological, chemical, and physical properties of the building envelope
- components of building structures as impacted by the internal and external environments
- proper material selection and methods of assembly of building envelope
- components for durability, sustainability, and serviceability
You can choose electives that meet your professional goals.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
You may be interested if you hold a non-Canadian diploma and are seeking Canadian qualifications in the architectural field.
Note: To become an architect, you must obtain an accredited degree from a program that is approved by the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB). Completing this certificate will not allow you to represent yourself as an architect.
Who Teaches the Courses?
Many of our instructors are leading architects and faculty members in the Department of Architectural Science at Ryerson University. The bring real-world expertise to the courses they teach.
Industry and Careers
The high demand for architectural technicians is tied to Canada’s construction industry, which contributes close to 7 percent of Canada’s GDP.
Our students work in a variety of fields. This certificate can help you build skills that may help you move into job roles related to:
- drawing and drafting
- building materials and methods
- municipal planning, codes, and standards
- 4 required courses
- 2 electives
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Equivalent academic qualifications and relevant work experience
Awards and Financial Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
When are courses offered?
Courses in the Certificate in Advanced Architecture are offered year-round, in the Fall, Winter, and Spring/Summer terms. However, not all courses are offered every term. Check course descriptions for details.
What is the criteria to be accepted into the Certificate in Advanced Architecture?
To be admitted to the Certificate in Advanced Architecture, you must have successfully completed the Certificate in Architecture or have equivalent academic qualifications and work experience.
Email us at email@example.com if you have further questions about what this entails.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.