Want to find out more about the Certificate in Business Communication? Express interest to connect with this program and receive updates.
Learn the skills, strategies, and theories to succeed in all areas of business communication. Explore how to write concise letters, prepare efficient reports, interact effectively with others, and deliver powerful, stress-free presentations.
Develop a high level of competence in communication for business and government organizations.
This program's hands-on approach will help you review communication and language basics and expand your skills in:
- documentation formatting
- critical thinking
- problem solving
- public speaking
Learn from instructors with real-world experience, who share their expertise in communicating in today’s global workplace.
This program offers the following benefits:
- Enrol right away – open admissions with no application required
- Take Ryerson degree-credit courses
- Apply for merit-based awards
What Will You Learn?
- Build the confidence to advance in your career by learning to write effective:
- Plan and deliver informative and persuasive presentations, stress-free.
- Generate information through:
- library research
- database searches
- systematic observation
- Analyze information to make well-informed recommendations
- Produce documents that are well-designed and informative
- Improve your ability to:
- interact effectively in small groups and committees
- be sensitive to diversity, culture, and international issues
- demonstrate expertise in traditional and emerging media
Who Should Take This Certificate?
You may be interested if you:
- want to become better communicator
- are considering a career change and want up-to-date communication skills
- are already a certified professional in another field, but want to play a larger role in your organization’s communication
- wish to take on more communication responsibility, internally and externally
- graduated from a humanities program and want further professional qualifications
- aspire to a career in communications
This program can help professionals in many sectors, including:
Who Teaches the Courses?
Our instructors are dedicated, award-winning, and highly experienced. Many of them also teach in Ryerson University’s School of Professional Communication, and are industry professionals.
Industry and Careers
“Communication is critical in business, and the only way to stand out in the crowd is your ability to communicate. That’s what gets you ahead in your career.” – Wally Kowal, Instructor
The skills you will acquire in the Certificate in Business Communication are highly transferable to many sectors of business, industry, government, non-profit, and the professions.
Many employers recognize the importance of improving language skills, particularly among professionals aiming to integrate into the Canadian workplace. Some employers even pay for these courses in place of their own corporate training because it is a recognized credential.
- 6 required courses
- 2 electives
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits (including English)
- With a minimum average of 60 percent
- Mature student status
Awards and Financial Aid
Why Register for the Certificate?
Here are some great reasons to pursue the full certificate:
- Build a comprehensive base of practical, real-world knowledge and skills.
- Earn a well-respected credential that carries significant weight in this industry.
- Develop professional connections through your fellow students, expert instructors, and other industry specialists.
- Make your education a priority, complete a full program of study, and enjoy the reward of achieving a milestone goal.
Questions? Contact Sandra Rosenberg, Academic Coordinator.