Effective Governance through the Stages
Effective Governance through the Stages focuses on the specific needs of boards through different stages of organizational development.
This course addresses six key themes in board governance:
- Board Recruitment
- Diverse Perspectives
- Chair-CEO Relations
- Board Engagement
- Overseeing Financial Risk
- Reputational Risk
Each module is presented through a series of principles built from the lived experiences and case studies of accomplished board directors.
6 accessible and self-paced online modules
No previous governance training required; suitable for emerging and experienced board directors.
Ongoing, register anytime, from anywhere.
Available in English only.
Subject Matter Specialists
This course was developed by onBoard Canada in partnership with Robin Cardozo and in consultation with many accomplished leaders in board governance.
- Kleine Achiles, YMCA of Greater Toronto
- Jehad Aliweiwi, Laidlaw Foundation
- Catherine Anastakis, Canadian Mental Health Association
- Tim Beachy, Options Community Services Society
- Andrea Bellefeuille, Against the Grain Theatre
- Twee Brown, 100 Women
- Helen Burstyn, Evergreen; The Walrus Foundation
- Jaime Enachescu, Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council
- Tom Goldie, Neighbour to Neighbour
- Helen Hayward, WMC
- Moira MacDougall, YMCA of Greater Toronto
- Earl Miller, MaRS Discovery District
- David Mitchell, Bow Valley College
- Pat Wright, Instructor Facilitating Collaborative Leadership & Grassroots Governance in Communities, McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education